Do you know why you are not losing weight?
Over 30% of the world population is overweight which basically means that humanity is going through an obesity crisis. Unhealthy eating habits are the primary cause of the growing incidence of obesity in the society. There are several reasons that prevent people from losing weight, the most prominent of them being the will to do so. Losing weight is tricky and requires a lot of dedication and hard work but a few changes to your lifestyle can go a long way in making the process easier.
- Eating habits: You are what you eat, when you eat and how you eat. A Common problem with individuals facing weight issues is that they never keep track of what they eat. It is crucial that one is aware of what they are eating and how and when they are eating it – it is recommended that food is chewed properly and completely before swallowing as this will release the necessary digestive juices and lead to the proper breakdown of food. Eating junk and processed foods instead of whole foods lead to constant craving and the need to eat constantly. Maintaining a food diary will be advantageous.
- Sleeping habits: People often neglect the quality and quantity of sleep they get forgetting that it is only during sleep the cells repair and rejuvenate themselves and get ready for another activity-filled day. Studies have shown that anywhere between 50 to 80% of the population who have sleep disorders are at the risk of becoming obese.
- Not enough water: Water flushes out toxins and keeps the digestive system in It has been shown that by drinking water half an hour before meals people have lost almost 44%weight. It is believed that water improves metabolism and helps in burning calories faster.
- No cardio: There is no doubt that exercise improves the metabolism and helps in burning calories, especially cardio which basically burns the visceral fat (the harder fat to lose around the organs) and brings you back in shape.
- Medical conditions or medicines: Some medical conditions like PCOS and hypothyroidism make it harder to lose weight. Certain medicines also can lead to weight gain. Of course, this doesn’t mean you are stuck with extra weight, it just means that you need to work harder.
Thus, we see that though losing weight can be a challenge for some people even with changes in their diet and lifestyle. At such times a little extra support is welcome; there are several dietary supplements like the MaxFit Garcinia that aid in weight loss. Consult your doctor before taking any supplements especially if you have preexisting medical conditions.